Aiming to bring an end to seven decades long civil war in Myanmar and establish a new Democratic Federal Union, ten (10) Ethnic Armed Organizations signed the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (NCA) with the Government of Myanmar on 15 October 2015 and 13 February 2018 respectively. The Peace Process Working Team (PPWT), (known previously as the Coordination Team, CT), has been the representative entity of the NCA signatory EAOs and supporting for their participation in the peace process and NCA implementation.The NCA-S EAO office was established in 2015 to provide administrative and logistical support to NCA-S EAO for their peace process participation.The NCA-S EAO aim to ensure substantive engagement in the Myanmar Peace Process and National Reconciliation Process to promote ethnic unity and political legitimacy to secure self-determination and guarantee the enjoyment of rights without discrimination, prejudice or inequality. These parties continue to make progressive steps in the peace process, working together to resolve the country’s political problems, re-establishing reconciliation and developing a “Federal Democratic Union” as a pathway to sustainable peace.
The New Mon State Party (NMSP) and the Lahu Democratic Union (LDU) signed the nationwide ceasefire agreement (NCA) on 13 February 2018.
1. The All Burma Students’ Democratic Front (ABSDF)
2. The Arakan Liberation Party (ALP)
3. The Chin National Front (CNF)
4. The Democratic Karen Benevolent Army (DKBA)
5. The Karen National Union (KNU)
6. The KNU/Karen National Liberation Army Peace Council (KNU/KNLA PC)
7. The Pa-O National Liberation Organisation (PNLO)
8. The Restoration Council of Shan State (RCSS)
9. The New Mon State Party (NMSP)
10. The Lahu Democratic Union (LDU)